Its’ panto time again, oh no it isn’t, Oh yes it is!
This years’ production of Pinocchio the Pantomime will be even more spectacular! Featuring magnificent special effects it has all the ingredients of everything you would expect from a family pantomime to suit all ages. We have an amazing cast; there is plenty of laughter, stunning scenery, plenty of audience participation, music and dance that will make the show truly memorable. We have an extra show this year and we are overwhelmed how fast the tickets have been selling. Two thirds of the tickets are already sold.
Following the last two years’ sell out successes, join the cast of Stewartstown Amateur Dramatic Society as they retell the story of a loveable wooden puppet who longs to be a real boy.
This traditional panto with Dame included will entertain and tug at your heart strings as you follow Pinocchio on a journey to eventual happiness when his dreams come true.
Dates – Friday the 5th of January – Saturday the 27th of January 2017
A Word From their Chairperson –
‘Pinocchio is a traditional pantomime for all ages’ Following the last two years’ sell out successes I was delighted that we chose Pinocchio for our 2018 pantomime as it is a fantastic adventure for all ages. One night Geppetto, a humble puppet-maker wishes upon a star and his life changes for ever. A wonderful version of this well known children’s story our cast will take you on Pinocchio’s journey as he magically springs to life. There are many dangers ahead for the young puppet as he is first of all kidnapped by evil Stromboli. But how will this end for this little wooden boy? You won’t be disappointed as he finds eventual happiness.
Pinocchio the Pantomime is showing at the The Burnavon Theatre Cookstown from Friday 5th January until Saturday 27th January 2018. To book tickets contact the Burnavon Box office. www.burnavon.com or 028867 66949
We have an extra show date this year however it is advisable to book your tickets early as some shows are already sold out.
They hope to see you at the show!!
Why not call into the Royal Hotel Cookstown before or after the show and enjoy a bite of dinner from our *NEW* menu or even something light such a hot cuppa in either our warm Squires Lounge or our Windsor Restaurant.
After a very busy year the Hotel will be CLOSED on Christmas day to give our staff a well earned break. We at the Royal Hotel want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year and look forward to your custom next year. We also would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their custom during 2017.
There is no better way to celebrate in the festive season than to put up the magical Christmas decorations. Here at the Royal Hotel we join in the festive season by decorating our family hotel to help with the joyful Christmas celebrations.
We also help with the magical season celebrations by holding events in our Christmas decorated hotel in the run up to this wonderful time. Why not call in during some of our party nights and take part!
For more information on any of these events contact reception on 02886762224
As well as using decorations to create some Christmas magic we at the Royal Hotel Cookstown also have special visits from Santa to make the experience even more special for children. Our last visit from Santa with presents for each child in the lead up to this Christmas will be held on the 17th of December from 12-3pm and with kids meals purchased kids visit for free! So do not miss out on this opportunity and come along (booking is essential).
Contact reception to secure your place now if you have not already done so.
We at the Royal Hotel Cookstown also have a Christmas Fayre Lunch menu anda Festive
Dinner menu available until the 31st of December. Lunch is served in the Hotel in either the Restaurant or Lounge from 12-5pm and the Dinned from 5-9.30pm.
Why not call in and enjoy a meal from either of our menus in the midst of our beautiful seasonally decorated restaurant or lounge.
Why not give your soul mate an extra special gift this Christmas!
Are you thinking of proposing to your loved one this Christmas?
D & K Jewellers in Cookstown is a unique family run enterprise which boasts excellent prices, with 30+ years experience in Bespoke and Diamond Jewellery, numerous awards, qualifications and above all a genuine passion for jewellery. They have a wonderful variety of engagement rings, diamond rings and wedding rings in stock – perfect to choose the perfect ring for your perfect someone.
This delightful jewellers was established in 1986 founded by a brother-and-sister team Donald and Katrina and D&K Jewellers has earned a stellar reputation in fine jewellery. Unrivalled for their bespoke jewellery, they provide discerning customers with unique pieces designed and created exactly to their desired requirements.
Diamond jewellery is their main business, and their passion for bespoke jewellery can be clearly seen in each finished piece. D & K The Jewellers take great pride and joy in creating that unique piece of jewellery. Inquisitive customers bring sketches and doodles, as well as photos of pieces they like, or sometimes they come up with a combination of different pieces they find on display in the D & K showroom.
Engagement and wedding rings are two of the most precious pieces of jewellery one owns, and having a specially designed ring makes it truly one-of-a-kind with significant sentimental value. Finding the perfect wedding ring to match an engagement ring can sometimes prove challenging, but at D & K The Jewellers, their bespoke expertise in wedding rings is truly excellent. There’s no point in settling for something acceptable when you can have your ring specially designed to match your engagement ring, giving you the perfect pair that you’ll cherish and admire for always.
Old jewellery can also be given a magnificent makeover and transformed into something new and different, thanks to D & K The Jewellers. Technical drawings, or CAD images, can be provided for any of their bespoke pieces, and are especially useful for the more intricate designs.
A small deposit secures any item and customers can pay the item off over a period of time. All that is asked is that the piece is paid for in full before collection. No Appointment necessary. Just pop in whenever suits and you can see the array of diamond rings in store. There is a wonderful selection of rings in store far more than is shown on the website. Diamond engagement rings starting as from £690 upwards.
Why not have a browse at D&K Jewellers website to see if you can spot the most ideal ring for your special someone –
Website – http://www.dandkjewellers.com/
Or Call in to see the beautiful rings in person and have the help of the wonderful staff to ensure you choose the correct ring –
17 Dunnamore Road, Dunnamore
Why not also call into the Royal Hotel Cookstown before or after your visit and enjoy some of our scrumptious meals on our menu or even just for a quick cuppa!
Weddings at The Royal Hotel Cookstown
***NEW Bridal Suite launching 7th of December 2017***
We at the Royal Hotel know how stressful it can be organising your big day and planning around your budget so we have went that one step further and put together several packages which offer fantastic value and include several options to suit all needs.
With wedding packages starting from £2500 for 100 guests what more could you want?
For more information contact reception on – 02886762224
Or email us on – email@example.com
Our comprehensive package includes:
Red carpet on arrival
Selection of Cake stand & Ceremonial Cake Knife
Complimentary Champagne on arrival for bridal party
Experienced wedding co-ordinator to ensure the smooth running of your special day
Complimentary function room hire
Printed Guest Lists
Jugs of Orange on all Tables
Fresh floral displays on top table
Crisp white linen tablecloths
Complimentary overnight accommodation for bride & groom
Reduced rate on bedrooms for guests
Option to Book Chair Covers & Fairy Light Backdrop for a small supplement
Complimentary 1st Anniversary meal. Valid during the week of your anniversary.
- Cookstown Christmas Lights Switch on
This year’s Cookstown Christmas switch on will take place on Friday the 24th of November at 5.30pm. Why not join in and watch our town come alive to the festive season and join in the Christmas celebrations with Christmas just around the corner.
Why not also stop into the Royal Hotel and have a warm bite to eat or even try one of hot lattes, cappuccinos or even just a cup of tea to snug yourself up before or after the magical switch on
Want to take part in some of our local Christmas events but live too far away? Why not stay at the Royal Hotel and not miss out on these magical experiences.
Contact reception on 02886762224 for more information about staying with us.
- The Burnavon are holding a winter craft & food fair in the ride up to this year’s wonderful festive season. This incredible event is taking place over the weekend on Saturday the 25th of November (10am – 5pm) as well as Sunday the 26th of November (1pm – 5pm) which will allow everyone the chance that they need to search and buy the most spectacular festive foods as well as Christmas gifts.
This event will be held at the Burnavon and is FREE of charge for those that want to have a sneak peek around –
The Burnavon, Burn Road Cookstown, County Tyrone, BT80 8DN. — www.burnavon.com
- The Jungle NI are creating an enchanting Christmas winter wonderland in order to get into the festive spirit which is a magical festive day out for all the family which offers a little something for all ages as well as Ireland’s most unique Santa Grotto. This experience allows visitors to not only meet and greet SANTA but to also have a giggle with his elves and enjoy some of the Jungles activities. The jungle also allows everyone that attends this event to end the magical experience with a festive tale told by Mrs Claus herself!
This event will be running from the 1st of December until the 23rd. Find out more on their website as well as Ticket information – www.thejungleni.com
60 Desertmartin Road, Moneymore, BT45 7RB
- The Hubb, Cookstown are holding their favourite Christmas workshop – a Christmas Wreath Workshop with Ben Beggs on the 24th of November from 7pm-9pm. Places for this event are limited, however, they can be secured for £25 which includes the materials for the workshop and a festive scissors. All you need is your own scissors!
For more information our to secure your place contact them on – 028 8676 3398
Address – 14 Burn Road, BT80 8DN Cookstown
- Santa’s magical grotto at the Burnavon from the 7th of December until the 20th of December. Visiting Santa’s grotto is a magical opportunity in every child’s life in the lead up to the big day. During this visit all children will have a chance to write and post their very own unique letter as well as meet and chat with Santa and receive a gift.
Tickets are £8 per child.
The Burnavon, Burn Road Cookstown, County Tyrone, BT80 8DN.
- Magherafelt Christmas market, lights switch on and fireworks from the 24th of November until the 26th on November. This wonderful market in Magherafelt brings more than 30 artisan food and craft stalls that sell local, high quality products. Why not visit and enjoy having a look around as well as the chance to sample, unwind and experience the showcase of the local talent on the outdoor stage. This event will include Christmas story-telling in the Bridewell and Santa will be in his grotto on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. The Christmas light switch-on, street party and firework display will take place on the Saturday from 6pm until 8.30pm.
- Dungannon’s magical kingdom, lights switch on and craft fair will take place from Friday the 24th of November until Sunday the 26th of November at Hill of the O’Neill and Ranfurly house, Market Square, Dungannon. Ranfurly House is placed at the heart of the town centre and gateway to the Hill of The O’Neill which leads you into a magical Christmas kingdom. Santa’s elves will be present and the viewing tower on the Hill will be transformed into Santa’s grotto. This event will also include a lot of Christmas workshops, spaced devoted to children’s entertainment as well as food and craft stalls.
- Christmas wreath making at the Seamus Heaney Home place, Bellaghy on the 10th of December from 1.30pm – 4.30pm. What better way to get in to the festive season?
Admission is £15 pp
Telephone: 028 7938 7444 for more information.
Unsure of what you want to do to celebrate this Christmas?
You should celebrate the festive season in style with the Royal Hotel with options such as Festive Afternoon tea, Ned’s Karaoke, Santa Sunday’s and much much more.
Christmas Party Nights
Why not go all out this Christmas and join in with The Royal Hotels magical party nights with nights including Ritchie Remo & his big band with a guest appearance from Daddy Remo, the Untouchables, JUICE and Lisa McHugh.
Unsure of what to get your loved one this Christmas?
Look no further as at the Royal Hotel you can purchase gift vouchers from reception for that someone special..